Email is too easy to ignore, and uses resources and filters that can't guarantee
arrival and immediate display in front of your people.
Nobix Alert software uses few resources, doesn't filter your message, and
puts a pop-up right in the middle of their display that can't be ignored -- especially
if you send an audible notification of your choosing. All this, less than a moment
after you press a button.
You can send messages from the Alert Server's Messaging Interface, as well as build
the command line program into your applications, scripts, email systems, etc. Send
messages directly from your applications to your desktops. You have full control
over recipients and distribution lists. Both HTML and plain text are supported in
Use Alert to send messaging for any reason
- System shutdowns
- Meeting reminders
- Emergency alerts
- Build it into your applications
- Anything you can think of...
Alert is your best solution for immediate communication to your staff, with
messages that cannot be ignored.
Once the message box pops up on their display, the user can either choose to acknowledge
the message, or overtly ignore it. Either way, their response is logged on the Nobix
This software is so easy to install and use. The user's desktop installation takes
just a few moments, can be remotely installed from the Alert server, and requires
no interaction on the part of the user. The Alert server is normally installed in
just a few minutes. No special "extra" software is required. Everything you need
is in the download.
Alert server software comes with an easy-to-use interface. With it you can...
- Send a message
- Manage distribution lists
- Set message schedules
- Manage recipients, including auto recipient generation
- View message/recipient status
- View message history
An example alert, sent from an automated event monitoring system (roll over it to
Alert Server is licensed for one or more Windows platforms and is very reasonably
priced at just $50 for 5 recipients, and $499 per 100 recipients, for a one year
subscription. Via appropriate licensing, the server can send to any number of desktops.
The user's desktop software that displays the pop-up's and that users interact with
has no license fee.
Download the free trial for 5 recipients (runs for two weeks) and evaluate this
software for yourself. Go to Download
A single Nobix Alert command line interface is included with the Windows
Alert server, and additional versions are also available for most every environment,
including UNIX, Linux, Windows and MPE/iX. The MPE version has no
- Windows interface for sending messages and configuration.
- Alert pop-ups display in front of the user a moment after the message is sent.
- Message transmissions and responses are logged.
- Pop-ups may play a sound, or beep, for any specified time period until acknowledged.
- Alert pop-ups can be scheduled in advance or set as repetetive and used as reminders.
- Failed message transmissions are automatically re-tried until they expire.
- Can be integrated into applications and scripts which allows almost any software
to initiate an alert.
- Distribution lists for easy one-click selection of small or large numbers of users.
- Easily integrated with OpenView, MOM, and others.
- Broadcast notifications- alerts can be broadcast to multiple personnel simultaneously.
- Pop-ups are displayed in a tightly controlled browser dialog. You may display plain
text or formatted HTML.